Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Beginning Redux

Hi, my name is Kevin McCarthy and I do reviews for CBS RADIO and FOX TV. My pal Josh Hylton and I feel that since we are younger critics, people look down upon us, assuming we have not seen the necessary "classics." We have set out to prove everyone wrong by watching all 100 films, in order, from 100 to 1 in less than a year. Each week, we will watch at least, but probably more, of the films on the list and report back with our feelings. We did start a little prematurely this weekend with "The Maltese Falcon" and "The French Connection" but we will wait to post those as we approach them on the list. This weekend, we will be going into battle to watch a three and a half hour long film entitled "Ben-Hur." Wish us luck. P.S. Together we have seen a good amount of the films on this list already but we are going to re-watch all them and comment on each. My only issue is that my favorite film of all time, "True Romance", does not appear on this list. Therefore, it is not valid. Either way, I will adhere to this challenge and I welcome all negative comments. Good Night and Good Luck!

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Hey! I'm doing something similar on my blog http://100moviesinoneyear.blogspot.com/

I'm a college student studying screenwriting, have never liked formal education and have decided to take matters into my own hands. I'm going to start watching on Jan. 1st! Until then, I'm putting together my own list of the top 100 films. Good luck with your watching!